Repair Your Damaged Smile With Restorative Dentistry in Hillsborough, NC
As we age, our teeth experience wear and tear like any other part of our body. Restorative dentistry can revitalize your smile by repairing damaged teeth and replacing missing teeth. Our Hillsborough, NC dentists will listen to your smile concerns and help you get your smile healthy again.Doctor Steven Garrett on the restorative dental options available Read Transcript
A lot of times, patients come to us, and they have cosmetic or functional issues. They might have missing or damaged teeth, and we're certainly very comfortable in helping them get their smile back, get their function back, to be able to smile and to chew better. We have all different kinds of techniques and abilities to do that.
Sometimes people just need a simple filling. Sometimes they might need a crown or several crowns. Sometimes they might need an implant and either a crown or maybe a bridge that's attached to an implant.
Or maybe even they need some implants to help retain their dentures. Maybe they're having a hard time chewing with their dentures, and that can be very difficult for people. Their denture wants to come out all the time, and well, guess what? With a couple of implants placed in the right place, you can confidently attach that and give them their ability to smile and chew back.
There's lots of different problems that people present with, and there's lots of different solutions that we have. We'd be more than happy to go over any of them with you.
We’ll solve your problems with:
- Cutting-edge technology like our CEREC system for same-day dental crowns
- Restorative dental care to repair everything from cavities to broken teeth
- A variety of dental implants, including mini dental implants
- A root canal specialist to save teeth endangered by infection
- An anesthesia system that painlessly numbs you with no sting or burn
- A choice of three kinds of dental sedation
Visit our office for a free consultation to find out how we can repair your dental damage. Call Carolina Bright Smiles at 919-296-0409 to schedule one. We offer free second opinions too!
Find the Right Restorative Dentistry Procedure
Decay, infection, and broken teeth are just a few of the problems that can threaten your smile. We’ll solve those problems and more with our restorative dentistry procedures:
- Tooth Fillings – Tooth-colored composite fillings blend seamlessly into your smile.
- Dental Crowns – You can get a dental crown in one visit to our office, thanks to our CEREC technology. Crowns can repair cracks, breaks, severe decay, and more.
- Inlays and Onlays – When your cavity is too big for a filling but not big enough for a crown, we’ll repair it with an inlay or an onlay. These restorations cover the entire top surface of your tooth.
- Root Canals – If infection gets into the soft pulp inside your tooth, you’ll need a root canal to repair it. Our resident endodontist, Dr. Wayne King, specializes in this procedure.
Replace Teeth With Dental Implants or Other Options
Dental implants are our preferred method for replacing teeth because they appear and function the most like natural teeth. However, if implants aren’t for you, you do have other options:
- Dental Bridge – A bridge can replace one tooth or several adjoining teeth. Unlike dentures, you won’t have to remove a bridge for cleaning.
- Dentures – You can get partial dentures or full dentures, depending on how many teeth you have left.
Don’t rule out dental implants if you’ve been told your jaw isn’t strong enough to support them. Our dentists can perform a bone graft to strengthen your jaw. You may also be a candidate for mini dental implants, which are smaller and thus less invasive than full-size implants.
Stay Comfortable During Restorative Dental Care
No matter which procedures you receive, our caring team will make sure you’re completely comfortable. We use a special method of administering local anesthesia that involves no unpleasant stinging or burning sensation. If anesthesia isn’t enough, you can choose from three forms of safe dental sedation. In addition, we’ll offer:
- Pillows and blankets
- Warm towels
- Entertaining diversions like Bose headphones and flat-screen TVs