Hillsborough oral surgery can sound a whole lot scarier than it is. At Carolina Bright Smiles, Dr. Garrett and our other skilled dentists believe in pain-free dentistry. That means when you visit us, we will perform your procedure with as little discomfort to you as possible. Other key benefits include:
- Patient amenities like pillows and blankets to keep you cozy, plus Bose headphones and flat-screen TVs for your entertainment
- Three choices for sedation, including laughing gas (inhaled sedation), oral sedation in pill form, and IV sedation
- A friendly and compassionate staff who will take as much time as needed to explain your procedure and set your mind at ease
- Advanced technology including a 3-D cone beam CT scanner, digital X-rays, an intraoral camera, CEREC same-day crowns, no-sting local anesthesia, and dental lasers
Call us today to schedule your surgical consultation: 919-296-0409. Our team is waiting to serve you!
Dental Surgery Can Keep Your Mouth Healthy
A bone graft procedure is generally done to prepare your jaw for a dental implant. You can lose bone mass in your jaw as you age or as a result of tooth loss. A dental implant anchors into your jawbone, much like your natural tooth, so it’s important you have enough bone to properly support it. The graft will stimulate your jaw to produce more bone.
Your wisdom teeth are your third set of molars. They typically appear in your late teens or early twenties. However, not everyone must have them removed. Some possible scenarios requiring wisdom teeth extraction are:
- Your mouth is not large enough to accommodate a third set of molars, and their eruption will cause overcrowding and pain
- Your wisdom teeth are coming in at an angle
- Your wisdom teeth are coming in beneath your other teeth
- Your wisdom teeth are only partially erupting and putting you at risk for infection
If the frenum under your or your child’s tongue is restricting its movement, we can perform a frenectomy, or “tongue-tie” procedure. Using a gentle, low-power laser, your dentist will reduce the size of the frenum and free up the tongue to make talking easier. For kids, this procedure can be done along with our HealthyStart™ program.