Sure, metal braces straighten teeth. They also stand out in your smile, can limit your diet, and may irritate your mouth. Hillsborough Invisalign straightens teeth too, but without all the downsides of braces. Compared to braces, Invisalign clear aligners are:
- Comfortable – With no metal wires or brackets to rub against your gums or mouth, Invisalign aligners are less likely to create sore spots.
- Convenient – You can take your aligners out when eating, so you don’t have to worry about food getting stuck in braces. Remove them for brushing and flossing too.
- Discreet – The clear plastic aligners fit snugly over your teeth. Most people won’t even notice them!
- Quick – For adult teeth, the average Invisalign treatment time is 12 months.
To find out if Invisalign aligners are right for your smile, call 919-644-7400 to schedule a free consultation.
Invisalign Treatment Is Sophisticated But Simple
Here’s how the Invisalign process works:
- Your dentist will first take digital impressions of your teeth and other measurements, without any messy goop in your mouth.
- Then they will use special software to create an Invisalign treatment plan for you.
- We will send the information to a lab, where your custom aligners will be made to exact specifications.
- When your aligners arrive, we’ll check the fit of the first set and review your treatment plan with you.
- You’ll wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, then switch to the next ones in the series.
The orthodontic aligners will gently shift your teeth into place over time. You’ll visit our office for occasional checkups so we can ensure your treatment is going according to plan. Unlike braces though, you won’t need any uncomfortable adjustments. While you can remove your aligners for eating and oral hygiene, you should wear them at least 22 hours a day.
Consider Other Orthodontic Options, Too
Invisalign aligners straighten most smiles in less time than braces. If your orthodontic issues are primarily cosmetic, you may also want to consider Six Month Smiles. They can straighten teeth even faster, in an average of six months, because they focus only on teeth in the front of your mouth. One of our experts can help determine which solution is best for your smile.
To find out more about Hillsborough Invisalign, call 919-644-7400. Our friendly dental office is especially convenient if you live or work in ZIP code 27278.