General dentistry really comprises all of the basic fundamentals that people need whether it's preventative hygiene appointments for deep cleanings or you might have cavities that need fillings or crowns or bridges or partials or dentures or, perhaps, any extraction. That's general dentistry.
General dentistry can help you avoid a dental emergency. Through regular teeth cleanings and dental exams and early treatment for oral health issues like gum disease, you can maintain the health and appearance of your teeth for decades. Our Hillsborough, NC dentist, Dr. Garrett, is ready to care for your smile.
Carolina Bright Smiles is a modern dental office convenient to both Chapel Hill, NC and Durham, NC in the Hampton Pointe shopping center. Call us at 919-296-0409 to schedule your next dental appointment with Dr. Garrett a diplomate in UNC School of Dentistry. We offer complimentary consultations and free second opinions.
For a healthy, bright smile, you need top-notch home care and a team of dental professionals looking after your smile. At Carolina Bright Smiles, you’ll find knowledgeable dental hygienists, caring and highly trained dentists, and the latest technology and tools.
How you can care for your teeth at home:
- Brush at least twice a day to keep the plaque that builds up on teeth in check
- Floss at least daily to get at plaque between the teeth and on the gumline
How we can care for your teeth at Carolina Bright Smiles:
- Thorough, professional teeth cleaning to remove plaque that has become tartar and can no longer be removed by simple brushing and flossing at home
- A detailed flossing by a professional to get all those hard-to-reach spots
- End-of-appointment polish for that “fresh-from-the-dentist” smile and ultra-clean feel
- Fluoride treatment that can make your teeth less susceptible to cavities
Let us be your partner in keeping a healthy smile. Call our Hillsborough, NC dentist office at 919-296-0409.
After your professional teeth cleaning, your dental hygienists will take digital X-rays and other images of your mouth for your dentist to review. Your dentist will then join you to hear any health concerns you might have or to share any that he’s noticed. He’ll also give you an oral cancer screening for your peace of mind.
Non-Surgical Gum Disease Treatment
Gum disease is incredibly common among adults. The bacteria in your mouth becomes the plaque that coats your teeth, and that plaque hardens into tartar. Tartar can be removed only by a dental professional. The bacteria from tartar irritates your gums and can cause them to pull away from your teeth, creating pockets around the roots of your teeth where bacteria can thrive.
Carolina Bright Smiles can treat your gum disease with Perio Protect®. Perio Protect is as easy to use as a teeth whitening tray! A tray will be filled with bacteria-fighting medicine. You’ll wear it over your gums and teeth so the medicine can get deep down where it’s needed most.
We also offer traditional scaling and root planing, a process where we:
- Remove plaque and tartar beneath the gumline irritating your gums and teeth
- Smooth the surface of the roots of your teeth, so bacteria has nothing to cling to
Give your teeth and gums the dental care they need now to avoid more serious treatment and procedures later. Call our Hillsborough, NC dentist office today at 919-296-0409 or use our online form to schedule your general dentistry appointment.